Thursday, February 21, 2013

I just learned Thailand?

I looked up "How do you say 'I am learning Thai' in Thai" in Google, and Yahoo! Answers gave me " ผมกำลังเรียนภาษาไทยครับ" from a native Thai speaker. It is pronounced as P̄hm kảlạng reīyn p̣hās̄ʹā thịy khrạb. You may know that translators are not perfect, but here is an example. Google said that it means 'I just learned Thailand.' Mom confirmed that the Thai phrase is accurate.
I am going to check whether my phrases are accurate with native speakers; although, even Thai translators are not perfect. My mom is a Thai translator, and she creates these documents for the assessment of translators. When she double checks the other people's work, surprisingly it is all messed up; therefore, she fixes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk's Starlink to serve North America gigabit internet by end of the year

Trevor and I did two sessions of recordings because we were not satisfied with the first, discussing the following topics for this podcast e...