Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sorry. OMG

I have been trying to learn some phrases by watching some Thai TV with English subtitles, but it is not going well. The phrase that I learn is OMG, but as a christian, I don't ever want to say that. I remember the phrase dilao as the phrase. I looked it up on Google translate to confirm, but the translator says that the phrase is different from what I remember. Since I don't care to learn it. I am not going to ask my mother.
It seems that common phrases are learned when watching Thai TV. 'I am sorry,' 'excuse me' or 'sorry' is the second phrase that I learned. ขอโทษ 'call toad' sounds like the phrase, but toád is a short vow. The 'd' is extremely quick perhaps silent. Adding krop to the end would make it formal for a male, but girls would at ka at the end.
This is the show that I watched the first episode of. The story is so predictable that I will probably look for another to watch, but here it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk's Starlink to serve North America gigabit internet by end of the year

Trevor and I did two sessions of recordings because we were not satisfied with the first, discussing the following topics for this podcast e...