Thursday, July 11, 2013

Q & A about the Family

1) Remember Tyson and Jenny? They've been married for a couple of years now, and Tyson seems reluctant to preside over family prayer, scripture study, and family home evening. In fact, without Jenny, these things probably wouldn't happen. How would you counsel Jenny in working with Tyson who seems to be all-too-content to let her lead out in their family's spiritual matters?

I understand the role that you have, for my parents are like that. I have had to lead the family by reminding my parents of their role. I recognize that my parents play a passive role requiring the faith of the entire family to work properly. If the children did not have family prayer as a priority, the family would not practice family prayer. I would have to insist of the important family standards of like Family Home Evening and Family Prayer. Family Scripture study was scraped for a reason unknown to me. The practice has been counted probably less than 50 in my entire life. I have learned the skill to always remind, but let the partiarchial order lead. I don't have the role to be a co-equal with my father, but I would think that counseling with him consistently, concerning the expected practices of family home evening, prayer, and scripture study. If I were a co-equal with someone to lead a family, I would always be counseling with my companion how to lead the family. You may not lead the family, but counseling with Tyson, you always remind him of his role. Let him decide.

2) What stuck out most to you from the panel discussion?
 
The thing that stuck out to me most is the humility of the fathers and the faith of the mothers. They have taken their roles according to their personality, trying to exercise the greatest wisdom that they know. Their advice seems to be from veteran parents, recommending their wisdom. I did not like how they said that preparation for parenthood is limited.

Family life is the most important thing in the world, and the Earth has been around for many millennia. I would think that the wisdom would abound especially in our age of scientific discovery. There is so much knowledge of humanity and human development.

3) We discussed some elements of what mothers do for families and what fathers do for families. In 150 words or fewer, how are these contributions similar? How are they different?

 
The father's role is to provide, and the mother's role is to nurture the family. The gender differences of male and female seem to be the difference between each other. Mothers and fathers seem to have opposites. The mother stays at home to nurture for the children, and the father goes out to provide for the children everything that they need. The co-equal part in the union of husband and wife unites these roles as father do not only provide the funds for food, security, shelter, education, and so forth, but the husband works with the mother to provide the bread of life to nourish every member of the family. I hope that you recognize that the bread of life is the word of God and everything else that is necessary to provide for every need for a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk's Starlink to serve North America gigabit internet by end of the year

Trevor and I did two sessions of recordings because we were not satisfied with the first, discussing the following topics for this podcast e...