Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hi, I am Leticia!

At the SLC Temple with my mom after Conference.
Hello Everyone!

My name is Leticia. I am from San Diego, California. I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for five years. I am currently a senior at San Diego State University. I am majoring in Psychology.

I learned about the church through one of my college World Religion Philosophy courses. For my final in the class, I decided to write a paper about Mormons. I didn't know much about Mormons and I was eager to learn more. I requested a Book of Mormon and the elders called me 20 minutes later. They made an appointment with me the next day to drop it off. They came back again and we started the missionary discussions. After a month of lessons, I got baptized! I was the first one in my family to become a member of the church. A month later, my mother and sister were baptized. Two years later, my uncle got baptized.
 As of now, we are the only ones who are members of the church. I still talk to one of the elders that taught me on a weekly basis. I've gone to General Conference multiple times. I love it! The spirit there is so strong! I hope everyone at least once in their lifetime has the opportunity to go! I've had many callings as well from primary teacher to ward missionary to nursery leader. I hope to get married in the temple one day!

I look forward to getting to know everyone else on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk's Starlink to serve North America gigabit internet by end of the year

Trevor and I did two sessions of recordings because we were not satisfied with the first, discussing the following topics for this podcast e...