Sunday, July 16, 2017

July 16, 2017



In two days I will graduate with my bachelor's degree. I only have one more thing to do, which is a writing assignment. My in-laws are staying for a few days with Jessica and I. Last week I wrapped up most of the work of the semester. Tuesday was the day that I attended my last BYU Idaho Devotional and modeled last for the Art Department.
I was able to apply for new job opportunities late last week. My job search has been a little disappointing early last week mainly because the wrap up my semester has taken my focus from searching for jobs. Barry Swenson Builders said that they hired someone; although, we scheduled an appointment for me to visit them, when I visit California next week. CH2M Hill asked me on Friday, if I am still available to begin work in August, which I confirmed. I still want to work for Morrison Hershfield most, and I should contact them about the opportunity that we were talking about. It has been a few weeks, since they told me to give them about four weeks. I interviewed with a company recently that would fit my experience well. The company is called NG Resources. They told me to give them a couple weeks too. In about thirty minutes, I was able to apply of more than seventy positions when I had time.
Yesterday was satisfying because I was able to completely clean my apartment. I think that it is ironic that it was the weekend before finals that I got my house in order. My in-laws are visiting, and it is a good experience so far. They wanted a tour of the school, and we showed them a few buildings. The first building was the Hart Building. Jessica and I showed them the exact spot that we met for the first time. I also showed them that my name is on the plaque of the Cross Country Championship winners. After a tour of the Hart Building, I showed them the Spori Building, which is the first building constructed of the campus, and where I did most of my Art Modeling. We enjoyed viewing the art. The next building that we went to is the Manwaring Center. We told them of the Crossroads' role in Jessica and I's courtship. We would run into each other once or twice a week and eat with each other without arrangement, and coincidently these occasions increased after Jessica denied my request for us to date steadily for the first time. John, my father-in-law, took many pictures including the location that I worked as a cashier at the Crossroads. Last night we bought a lot of food, and we are cooking a feast right now. Krystal and Dallen Cluff are coming for dinner. I was prepared to serve Jessica’s parents food this coming week, but her mother is cooking the meals at our apartment now. I did make lunch for Jessica and I today.
One thing that I did last week is update how I run the Mormon Young Single Adult (YSA) Blog Spot. The Facebook page gets about five new followers each week, but most always unfollows the page. I think that it is because the page shares a blog post every two hours, and it is hard to keep track of. I looked around the internet to see how I can make a newsletter type blog post, so I don't have to share each blog post individually on the social networks. One blog can have all of them on one post. This would make it easier to look through and read what you are interested. I found that Storify is the best way to organize the blogging content. It is very easy to put embedded content on each story post. One thing that I am excited about is that I have one link to share on all of the social networks instead of twelve each day. This lets me share the content on LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr. I was limited to just three only sharing on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook. I have been wanting to post on the other social networks for a long time. I hope that the Storify posts are useful, and people look at them more. The posts only get a few clicks a day for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk's Starlink to serve North America gigabit internet by end of the year

Trevor and I did two sessions of recordings because we were not satisfied with the first, discussing the following topics for this podcast e...