Saturday, February 9, 2019

My Secret to a Deeper Night's Rest

Last week I rediscovered a secret to deeper sleep. During high school an olympian visited my "promising" cross country team. I became inspired to become a health freak by his teaching; however, my sleeping secret was not learned from him. He taught the class that no matter what we do; we will wake up dehydrated from sleep; therefore, we need to drink a lot of water in the morning. 

This tells me that our body utilizes a lot of water in the highly beneficiary process of sleep. Sleep is most glorious when an individual goes to sleep early and wakes up early. I expect most people would reject my idea; however, I found that drinking a large glass of water or two until I feel hydrated will make my rest more deep and vivid. When I wake up in the night to use the restroom, I feel rested. I suggest not turning on the bathroom lights or any lights, and don't look at your phone. This is crazy; I know. I wake up in the middle of the night finding that I have a couple hours more to sleep; plus, I already feel great. Drink another large glass of water and go back to sleep. I may wake up a second time to do the same thing, but I have another glorious nap before the alarm goes off. I let go of this habit last week, and a lack of hydration weakened my sleep. Water is like the energy source for deeper sleep for me. I also use water to help keep myself awake during the day, if I was not punctual on sleep. Last night I was so excited to write about this, since I have time today, that it messed with my sleep, but I still slept deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk's Starlink to serve North America gigabit internet by end of the year

Trevor and I did two sessions of recordings because we were not satisfied with the first, discussing the following topics for this podcast e...