Thursday, February 20, 2020

Two Themes for Today's Report 2020.02.20



Hi, I am Alex Hicken with my daily audio and visual world news report, summarizing my blog called “Read the Story of the World”. Today is Thursday, February 20, 2020. I have noticed more engagement in my content today, and I am grateful for your participation in my first week of the publication. If you find my content consistently informative and serviceable. Please consider becoming a patron of my publication. Look me up on Patreon with Alex Hicken.
I have a theme in my report today, and that is warring countries seeking to take advantage of the condition of their nation by blocking the United Nation’s Humanitarian Aid. South Sudan and Yemen are my suspects.
The Houthi rebel group, who have kicked out the Yemen president Abd Hadi, controls a lot of the country of Yemen. Saudi Arabia is seeking to restore the president to power as he is in asylum in the country. The rebels are trying to take advantage of the United Nation’s Humanitarian Aid to obtain concessions. They recently changed this demand, for they previously requested 2% of the billions of humanitarian funds. Manipulation is expressed by implementing policies over the regions that they control on UN before they enter, requiring compliance. UN have rejected their requirements; thus, the rebels have blocked their entrance to help much of the country. “Half of the United Nations aid delivery programs” have been stopped. The UN has threaten to reduce the support, if they continue limiting them. The articles, where I found this information, pointed out that many people are starving, and many are dependent on international aid.
South Sudan use limiting UN aid to the country to their advantage as well. Not only one of the rivalry is to blame for this practice. The UN accuses the country’s leaders of “deliberately starving” their citizen to gain strength for their efforts. This is not all, but many civil officials have become incredibly rich by embezzling millions of dollars for personal use.
Another theme of today’s report is Russia maliciously snooping around.
United States has been monitoring Russian actions, and Russia paid a Mexican man to spy and provide information of a vehicle within an US operation. The man and his wife were stopped after a flight by federal officials, asking for their phones. They found a picture of the license plate of the vehicle in the deleted images file of the wife’s phone. The man did confess that Russia did hire him.
The second news concerning Russia is Britain and the United States announced that Russia’s military intelligence service called GRU performed the wide spread cyberattack in late October last year in the country of Georgia, taking down several government and corporate websites, including the president’s as well as a couple TV stations. Georgia was targeted because they were a former Soviet nation, “causing anxiety among the general public.”
The Coronavirus’ death count is up to 2118 as two of the infected from the Diamond Princess Cruise liner have died. South Korea is experiencing a super-spreader events as I reported in Singapore yesterday in a church. The church is called Shincheonji Church of Jesus.
The rebels are not done fighting for Idlib in northwestern Syria. 2 Turkish soldiers were killed during an offensive operation that they were trying to carry out; however, the government’s army withstood the attack. It became very apparent in my articles that I read today as the dead Turkish soldiers were attacked by Russian air force that the support from these nations are not merely supplies.
Turkish people were a victim of racism as they were deliberately targeted in a mass shooting in German “town of Hanau about 15 miles east of Frankfurt on Wednesday night.” Half of the ten killed were citizens of Turkey. The gunman fled the scene, killing himself and his mother. Chancellor Merkel condemns the racism, stating Racism and hate is poison for the nation.
I have a follow up story to yesterday’s report. I reported eight eastern African countries are enduring pestilences. I learned today that Pakistan is also enduring the invasion of the locusts, when I found an article, stating that India is purchasing more drones to monitor and control the locust infestation after successfully defending their country from the invasion last year.
That is my report for today. Thank you for listening. The citations and more information is in my official “Read the Story of the World” post of the day in the show notes, and I will talk to you tomorrow. 
https://readthestoryoftheworld.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-daily-world-news-report-of-20th-of.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk's Starlink to serve North America gigabit internet by end of the year

Trevor and I did two sessions of recordings because we were not satisfied with the first, discussing the following topics for this podcast e...