Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Argument Against Gay Rights

This morning I listened to the declaration of the stance of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Same-sex Attraction in an interview setting with public affairs corespondents. It is very professional. The apostle of Jesus Christ, Elder Dallin H. Oaks, a candidate to be a Supreme Court Justice, and Elder Wickman, also a law professor, are the interviewees. I invite all the read this article to hear from a special witness of Christ of learn of his teachings.

The article "The Divine Institution of Marriage" is the article the explains more completely my view on Gay rights. The blog post that I wrote is very secular, so I recommend that you read the more complete description.

My Argument Against Gay Rights

There are many fundamental cases that are against gay rights, but the argument against gay rights that I will make is simple. Yesterday I saw a Supreme Court Justice Kennedy say that the children of gay couples have a right to living within matrimony, suffering "immediate legal injury," and I replied “How can there be children of same-sex couples?” Since they cannot naturally have children, this should not be a valid argument; furthermore, they should not have the right raise children. This disqualifies them from equality.
There is no discrimination because a same-sex couple cannot do what a straight couple. It's not like racism, claiming a white person has greater intelligence than black people, when they are the same. Discrimination demands that the two are equal. A same-sex couple can never produce children naturally; therefore, they are not equal.
I propose that gay people are to have no rights as couples; therefore, they cannot raise children, adopt, or impregnate themselves. Any of these practices should be banned; furthermore, gay people should not have the right artificial impregnate themselves.
My argument is simple. Same-sex couples are not the same as straight couples because same-sex couples cannot have children; therefore, they have no rights to raise children, marriage, or benefits. There is no discrimination because the couples are not equal. I believe in that which is natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk's Starlink to serve North America gigabit internet by end of the year

Trevor and I did two sessions of recordings because we were not satisfied with the first, discussing the following topics for this podcast e...