Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Little Things: Today and Everyday

We're already swiftly moving through 2014 with the start of February. I'm not one to make resolutions at the start of each year because I believe in daily goal setting and lifestyle changes. If there is something you want to accomplish, it is the daily goals and changes we make in our lives that will make all the difference. If you want to feel joy and happiness in your life, I believe it is appreciating and loving the small things that will make it so.



I've taken 2014 to be a year of enjoying the little things in life. And 'finding joy in the journey'. This is one of my favorite quotes:



"I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things… I play with leaves. I skip  down the street and run against the wind."
Leo  Buscaglia



As well as:



"There is a beauty and clarity that comes from simplicity that we sometimes do not appreciate in our thirst for intricate solutions…we shouldn’t wait to be happy until we reach some future point, only to discover that happiness was already available—all the time! Life is not meant to be appreciated only in retrospect."
Dieter F. Ucthdorf



Kid President is a YouTube sensation and one of my favorite little characters from world wide web. Perhaps it's his cuteness that adds to this fun and simple yet awe-inspiring message. Sometimes we just need a pep talk. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5yCOSHeYn4





Mariama

www.cupcakemascara.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk's Starlink to serve North America gigabit internet by end of the year

Trevor and I did two sessions of recordings because we were not satisfied with the first, discussing the following topics for this podcast e...