Sunday, June 25, 2017

June 11, 2017



My last entry was ten days ago, and it was a summary of the past fourteen months. I hope to go into detail at a later date, but I should keep with the present. I have been interviewing a lot for jobs. I probably had seven job interviews in the past ten days. Four were last Friday. I had one last Tuesday, and two the week before. My main focus has been applying for jobs and interviewing. I have applied to probably more than two hundred jobs. A couple weeks ago, I was trying to talk to Trevor over the phone, and I was interrupted by three recruiters. Last Thursday, I went to a golfing invitation to meet construction professionals. The first nine holes were very difficult with rivers going in all directions. I made a fifteen foot seven inches putt, putting it on the board for the longest putt. I golfed well at first, but I lost concentration. I finished a little better on the second nine holes.
I interviewed with a company that I really like last Tuesday. Their name is Barry Swenson Builders. I like them because they are very innovative. They have a patent on a very effective structure design. They encourage design input when writing Requests for Information because they are a design build firm, having their own design department. I want to work for them, but I need to wait until I visit them after I graduate in July for a job confirmation. I am used to getting a lot of no's. I have no idea what will be given to me.
I am talking with many companies including CH2M Hill, EnCon Concrete Contractors, Osborne Concrete Contractors, and more. These companies that I previously have given me most correspondence.
In fast and testimony meeting today, a relief society sister said that she was asked what she would think about on your last day of your life; something like that. I write in response to the question proclaiming the Gospel and family. I thought to myself. What do I think about today? I wrote the following subjects: School, starting my career, uplifting my fellow man by friendship, the gospel, Jessica, self-reliance, and callings. This time is much more complex than what I expect my life will end with.
Ways that I have uplifted my fellow man by friendship are the following events: a double date with Krystal and Dallen Cluff, which evolved to a triple date with Peter Sandor and his wife. My best organized Temple to Temple Relay team was this year. The past two weekends were these activities.
I met a sister last year working at the Crossroads. Her named is Megan Bennett, and she is recently engaged. She is seeking married student friends now. I am one, but I am graduating, hoping to leave BYU Idaho during the month of August. I am trying to line her up with some friends. I made a group chat with friends that I think would fit well together. My double date with Krystal and Dallen was originally going to be pizza and miniature golf, but we went to an ice cream place, farmers market, and arcade. Peter Sandor invited us to go see Wonder Woman, the movie, too. Krystal, Megan, and Peter are in the group chat. All of the couples were able to go to see Wonder Woman except for Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk's Starlink to serve North America gigabit internet by end of the year

Trevor and I did two sessions of recordings because we were not satisfied with the first, discussing the following topics for this podcast e...